Madison Middle School

Middle School

Requesting Records

Other schools requesting records:

To request records for a current or former Madison student the Seattle Public Schools uses a web-based application to help us manage all student records requests from other schools for transferring students.  Requests received via fax, phone calls, emails and mail from other schools will no longer be accepted.

 All transferring student records requests must be submitted online using the K-12 Transfer application. This application is a secure, self-service application that is easy to use:

  1.  Go to Scribbles K-12 Transfer 
  2. Sign into an existing account OR Create Account.  If you do not already have a K-12 Transfer account, one will need to be created. (A school email address must be used to set up the account; personal email addresses will not be accepted.
  3. Once an account has been created, the credentials for the account will be verified. This process takes approximately 24 hours. An account only needs to be verified once, then a “Your registration has been verified” email notification will be sent when the account has been completed.
  4.  Submit Request. Login to the K-12 Transfer application and submit the request for records. (Seattle Public Schools processes request electronically within 3-5 school days.)
  5. Download the Records.  When the “processing complete” email is received, you will need to login to the K-12 Transfer application to download the student records you requested.

For more information about the student records that we provide, please see the Transferring Student Records Request page.

Please contact if you have any issues setting up your account or submitting a record request.

Families and former students requesting records

Please email Please include the student’s name at the time they attended Madison, the student’s birthdate, the years the student attended Madison, and the nature of the records you are requesting. Please include an email address and other contact information, so we can get the records to you. If this records request involves your student withdrawing from Madison, please indicate that in writing, so we can keep our rosters accurate and up-to-date.

If Madison was the last Seattle Public School the student attended, we will be able to fulfill your request. If the student attended another SPS school after Madison, that school will be the holder of the student’s record, and we will direct the request there. If you are looking for immunization records, you can access Washington state’s immunization database.

Any records related to a student’s IEP must be made through Seattle Public Schools Special Education Records department:

If you are a current Madison student interested in a records request for application to a private school, the paperwork should be coordinated with the Madison registrar and is due December 1 to provide ample time for Madison to meet January deadlines.